When it comes to iconic sportswear, one of the first brands that will pop into your head is undoubtedly Adidas. This company has been making amazing shorts, shoes and tops for decades, having a lot of their products endorsed by professional athletes.
If you’re taking up running, especially long-distance running, then you’ll more than likely want a shoe that is very comfortable for your needs. You’ll also want something that will not damage the ball or heel of your foot.
This is because of the nature of running. This is very hard impacts on the floor repeatedly. Over time, this will really damage your legs and knees. So, you’ll want a sneaker that can absorb the impact of your running, especially if you are running on the tarmac.
So what exactly are the best Adidas running shoes? What features do they have to give you a comfortable and supportive running experience? What is the best material for a running shoe to be made from? How much will you have to pay for a pair of these high-end shoes?
Well, if you want to know the answer to these questions and a whole lot more, then we would certainly recommend that you read on. We have compiled a list of some of the best sneakers on the market, made by Adidas. We also have a buyer’s guide, as well as some frequently asked questions by professional runners.
List Of Best Running Shoes
This first shoe is one of the most flexible that Adidas has to offer, with a midfoot wrap that comes with plenty of padding, designed to support you adequately in the center of the foot. This sneaker is a great starting point for anyone who is going running for the first time – introducing Adidas Men’s Ultraboost 20 Sneaker.
This also has a Tailored Fiber Placement, which means that it will be a very snug fit around your entire foot. It also has a springy wedge in the shoe, which means that your run will feel very soft and springy. It also has rubber on the outsole, meaning that the grip on whatever surface you’re running on will be second-to-none.
- The rubber grip – this will provide you with great traction for months and months of running, not wearing down for at least 6 months.
- This has flexibility in the midsole that is unrivaled by any other shoe, it is supportive, especially for people with fallen arches.
- The Fiber Placement will ensure that it will fit very snugly with most types of feet.
- This is a very stylish shoe that will complement most styles of sporting apparel, you can also buy it in a range of amazing colors.
- These shoes are slightly heavy, so if you are a new runner, it might take you a few days to get accustomed to how this feels on your foot.
- Snug, sock-like fit
- Responsive Boost midsole
- adidas Primeknit+ textile upper
- Regular fit
This next shoe comes with a medium-range price tag, but you can be sure that you’ll be getting your money’s worth. This shoe is very comfortable on the inside and the outside, with a mesh insole that will fit snugly to your shoe as well as a very thick undersole – introducing Addidas Men’s Supernova.
This shoe has one of the softest EVA undersoles for your feet, giving you everything that you need for a permanent cushioned effect on the inside of your foot. You can run for hours if you like, this shoe will make sure that you have complete comfort for the duration. It also has comfortable seams that will not dig into your foot while running.
- This has a mesh that is very snug and comfortable, especially on the section in the midfoot.
- There are no sore pressure points in this shoe, it will give you everything that you need for a very comfortable run. You won’t have to worry about blisters with the Supernova.
- This shoe is one of the smoothest runs that you can get on the market. The traction on the floor is superb and the springiness of the run is unparalleled.
- This has a lot of space in the toebox, so you won’t feel like your having your feet squeezed too hard or your toes rubbed together.
- If you are a hardcore runner, you might find the shoe will be slightly too snug on the midsole, feeling slightly constrictive.
- adidas mens Running Shoe
- The adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport.
- Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as well as decades of accumulating sports science expertise, we cater for all, from elite professional athletes and teams to any individual who wants to make sport part of their lives.
Our next trainer uses carbon fiber to give you extra support along with your metatarsal bones, giving you plenty of control over the direction of your foot as it falls. This plate covers the entire length of your foot, giving you everything that you need for a solid running performance – introducing Adidas Men’s Adizero Boston 8 Running Shoe.
This shoe is very reliable, with a solid midsole that you can definitely rely on if you are long-distance running. This is one of the best shoes for longevity, made from thick rubber and mesh that you can be sure will keep you on the tarmac or the grass for long periods of time.
- This shoe utilizes continental rubber for its sole, so you can be sure of greater traction on the ground, whether you’re running on grass, sand or tarmac.
- This shoe is very thick, so you can count on greater support in the heel and the ankle. This is great to wear if you have incurred a running-related injury in these areas.
- This has a part-nylon plate that you can be sure will give you everything you need for solid support in the shoe.
- Despite all the amazing design features, this trainer also looks really great, coming in a wide variety of very vibrant colors.
- This shoe does not have the traction that some professional runners desire. So if you are hardcore about running, you might want to find another shoe on this list.
- adidas quality
- Imported by adidas
This is one of Adidas’ quickest shoes, giving you everything you need to improve your best time on the sprint track. This is a very lightweight shoe, not having that much of a thick insole or a beefy midsole, you can be sure that you won’t even feel like your wearing a sneaker with this model – introducing Adidas Men’s SL20 Running Shoe.
This super-light shoe is one of the best for track and field, giving you that extra boost when you are running or doing any athletics that relies on speed. This uses continental rubber to ensure that you can run even in the wettest conditions.
- A very light shoe, you can be sure that you have everything that you need for a premium running time.
- This is definitely one for people who prefer speed over endurance. If you are a sprinter, then this is a great shoe for you.
- This shoe will fit with most feet, with a wider toe box for greater flexibility and foot stability.
- This shoe also looks pretty cool. A lot of runners have stated that they really love this shoe and that they always save them for competitions.
- This is not one for durability, coming with a lot less padding than some of the other shoes on this list.
- adidas male running shoe; the adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted Connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport; Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as well as decades of accumulating sports science expertise, we cater for all, from elite professional athletes and teams to any individual who wants to make sport part of their lives
This shoe is designed to make you go the distance, with a springy underfoot sole that comes at a mighty three-quarter length, you can be sure of a very comfortable run. It also has amazing traction and support, giving you everything that you need for a comfortable run – introducing Adidas Men’s Solar Glide ST3 Running Shoe.
This has a layer of foam on the inner sole that will help to direct your foot in the right way when you are running. Having your foot in the right direction is very important when you are running, as this will promote proper form when you are running and prevent you from incurring injuries in the long run.
- Supportive, comfortable and aerodynamic – you can be sure of having all the guidance and support that you’ll need with this trainer.
- This has rubber in the sole, which will give you great traction no matter what surface you’re running on or what the weather might be.
- This has a Solar Propulsion Rail, which will make sure that your entire foot is in proper alignment when you are running.
- This has a counter in the heel, which will give you greater stability. It also has what is called a Torsion System plate in the undersole, giving you great support in the middle of your foot.
- The heel cushioning in this shoe might be a little too firm for some people, so if you are a first-time long-distance runner, then you might be looking for something a little more gentle.
- Men's regular-fit running shoes with a cushioned midsole
- BREATHABLE UPPER: Flexible mesh upper
- SOFT CUSHIONING: Cloudfoam midsole
- HIGH-WEAR OUTSOLE: Durable Adiwear outsole
This is a great shoe not only for running before for casually wearing out and about. You can be sure that this shoe is stylish enough to be able to fit in with most styles of casual clothing and running gear. If you are transitioning between running in the gym and walking to work, then you need not change these shoes – introducing Adidas Originals Men’s Pureboost Go Running Shoe.
This shoe has a breathable upper that will ensure ventilation on the top and bottom of your shoe. This also has a great midsole, giving you the support that you need in the middle of your foot to make sure that the direction of your foot is in perfect alignment with your shin and foot.
- This shoe is great for running and casual wear, coming in a great design that you can be sure will have all the other members of your gym talking.
- This will make running on any terrain completely effortless, giving you everything you need for an amazing long-distance run.
- Whether you like running on road or gravel trails, you can be sure that you’ll have everything that you need for a very smooth transition.
- This will reduce the amount of foot fatigue that you’ll experience. Other thicker trainers make it far more difficult to navigate variable paths, which often results in foot fatigue.
- This has a less supportive upper, meaning that you might find the top of your feet aching if you tie your laces too tight.
- adidas genuine
This final shoe is a running shoe with one of the best traction systems that we have witnessed in any shoe. This has lugs that can be used to dig deep into the grass or tarmac, allowing you to be able to get faster speed as well as running in rainy conditions. This shoe is one of the best for outdoor running – introducing the Adidas Outdoor Men’s Terrex Agravic Tr GTX Running Shoe.
You get great energy return on these shoes, with a thick sole that you can be sure will help you to navigate those hardcore mud and gravel trail surfaces. There is a little more softness on the underneath of the foot with this trainer, which will give you a much more comfortable run.
- This trainer is highly waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about running in torrential rain.
- This shoe is very light, meaning that if you want a better time on the outdoor sprinting track, then you should definitely pick this trainer.
- The price – this is also a very reasonably priced shoe. You can have all the support, stability and comfort for half the price of another top-end trainer.
- The midsole on this shoe is amazing, locking your foot in place even when you are running over terrain that might slip out from underneath your foot.
- This has no rock plate on the underneath, so you might struggle with underfoot pain when you are running faster.
- Terrex agravic TR GTX Men's trail running Shoe
- adidas Outdoor
When you are running, there will be a few things that you’ll definitely need from your running shoe to avoid injury and maintain proper form in your running. We would recommend that you have a look at the guide below and make sure that your running sneaker conforms to these attributes:
How Comfortable Are They?
You’ll need to make sure that your foot is comfortable. If you are not comfortable while you are running, then the chances are that you might end up putting weight on one leg rather than the other and causing yourself an injury in the long term.
Ultimately, the trainer should fit snugly on your foot with some flexibility in the toe box so that your toes do not feel crushed.
How Flexible Are The Trainers?
Flexibility is important as this is a great method of avoiding blisters and other abrasions on your foot. You need to make sure that the trainer does not work against your foot, as this will be a surefire method of sustaining injury.
How Well Does The Trainer Breathe?
Having a well-ventilated shoe will be very important to keep the sweat levels down. Sweat can be the primary cause of chafing and other very painful issues in your feet. You’ll also need your foot to conform to the inside sole of the trainer. The only method of doing this is by making sure that you have a breathable mesh.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Adidas The Best Brand Of Running Shoe?
When ranked by pro athletes, Adidas often comes up as one of the top trainer brands, as they have engineers that have designed thousands of trainers that are tailored for different styles of running.
Should You Have Different Trainers For Long-Distance And Sprinting?
As you will have seen from the list above, long-distance running will require a lot more padding on the insole and rubber on the outsole. This is because you’ll want that comfort on the inside of the trainer so that you can run for longer. You’ll also need thickness on the outside to prevent long-term wear and tear.
For sprinting, the most important attribute will be speed. You’ll want less material around your trainer, as it can weigh you down when you are running. If you have less rubber on the outside of your trainer, then you can achieve faster times.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of Adidas trainers has given you more of an insight into what makes a good trainer and how there are different trainers tailored for different running styles.